Privacy Information Notice
Article 13 and 14 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”)
This information notice is released by the association FONDAZIONE FAIR PLAY MENARINI (“Association”, “we”), and is addressed to members of the jury, award recipients, journalists, and other guest participants involved in the International Fair Play Menarini Award (“Award”) organised by the Association.
- Data Controller
The Data Controller is FONDAZIONE FAIR PLAY MENARINI headquartered in Firenze, Via Marchetti, 7/b .
The Data Protection Officer may be reached via email at dpo “at” menarini “dot” com (replace “at” with “@” and “dot” with “.”).
- Legal basis and purpose of the processing
The Association processes your personal data, and those other data you shared with us in the context of the Award event –e.g., names of accompanying guests- for the purpose of:
- running the yearly Fair Play Award event, including any accommodation, travel and catering arrangements, and its future editions (legal basis: legitimate interest, Article 6.1(f) GDPR);
- publish on our website or social network pages pictures and videos of all the Award editions, which may include also videos of the sport performances of Award recipients (legal basis: legitimate interest, Article 6.1(f) GDPR), in line with copyright rules;
- keep a record of, and publish, a list with all past Award recipients, for the purpose of enhancing the prestige of the Award, further promote our Values and organise future similar Award events (legal basis: legitimate interest, Article 6.1(f) GDPR);
- keep you informed about future events and initiatives connected to our mission (legal basis: legitimate interest, Article 6.1(f) GDPR);
- maintain relations with you, and send you the materials concerning you (e.g., video footages of yourself during the Event, or video edits of your sport performances shown during the Event);
- clear our legal and tax obligations (e.g., where applicable, visas, receipts, etc.) (legal basis: compliance with a legal obligation, Article 6.1(c) GDPR);
- fulfil our contractual duties towards Award recipients and jurors stemming from the Award regulation (legal basis: performance of a contract or pre-contractual arrangements, Article 6.1(b) GDPR)
In no case will the data be used for direct marketing purposes by us or by third parties.
- What Data we process
The data we process may include identification details (i.e., name, surname, date of birth, address, contact information, other identifiers, etc.); professional information and affiliations; images and video footages; details of other guests (e.g., accompanying family members), and other data as might be required to achieve the above purposes.
- Where we collect your data
We may retrieve the above data directly from you, or else via publicly available sources, including the internet, via other contacts and guests, or from your family members. Your data may also have been collected in connection with previous editions of the Award, by the organisation that previously held it.
- Who we share your data with
Your information will be shared with the service providers that support us with event organisation (e.g., travel agents, news agencies, etc.). Please be reassured that your contact information will be shared only insofar as strictly necessary for the event, and all recipients will keep the strictest confidentiality.
We may resort to providers of electronic communication, technical and IT services to store the data and send communications to you.
Your name will be published on the internet in case you are an Award recipient. Also, audio-video footages of yourself may be broadcasted via the internet or other media if you participate in the event in any capacity, as the event is filmed and showcased.
With the exception of public authorities, all the recipients mentioned above may also be based outside the EU, in countries that do not offer the same level of protection to the right to privacy as EU law. In such cases, appropriate safeguards shall be implemented to ensure your data is protected in line with the standards of adequacy prescribed by EU law. In particular, such safeguards will consist of Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission, which -combined with additional technical, organisational and contractual measures- will bind non-EU recipients to meet EU law standards. A copy of the clauses and full list of recipients is available on request.
- How long we store your data for
Data collected for administrative and tax compliance purposes will be stored for as long as required by the applicable laws (e.g., Italian tax law normally mandate a retention period of ten years). Other data will be retained as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, and in any case for no longer than the Award is maintained.
- Your rights
By contacting the Association or its DPO at the addresses in the heading of this document, you may exercise your rights under the GDPR, specifically access and obtain a copy of your data, know its location, have it rectified, updated or supplemented, ask its erasure, have it sent to another recipient of your choice, or object to its processing. You may ask questions or file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data to the DPO. You may also lodge a complaint with the Italian Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali, or, if you are based in the European Economic Area, the Data Protection Supervisory Authority of your country –the complete list is available here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en).